We carefully select the charities we host events for by using the following criteria. Our attendees, volunteers and Board of Directors are invited to nominate a local charity. The Board reviews the nominations based on these criteria, then visits the charity’s local office and/or facility prior to making a decision. Host charities must:
• Be a local Denver 501 © (3) charity registered with the state
• Accept goods or items for their constituents that are easy to transport
• Attend the event with four representatives
• Make a presentation about their charity and be available to answer questions (: 15 minute presentation followed by short video is preferred)
• Take delivery of the goods no later than the following morning
• Provide a detailed list within 72 hours of the event listing the goods donated on the charity’s letterhead and acknowledging the receipt of the goods as an in-kind donation. We use this list to send with our thank you letter to all attendees. They can attach their receipts to the list to use for a tax deduction.
• Send out CFAC e-vite to their sphere of influence, volunteers and donors
• Sign our Event Argeement
Cocktails for a Cause is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization registered in Colorado. It is not affiliated with any of the charities that are its beneficiaries.
Have a question or would like to get involved?
Contact Rene Harding, Founder & President of Cocktails for a Cause
Cocktails for a Cause
Rene Harding, Founder & President